Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Simplicity

kids_rain_pic A very short scene was shown to me this afternoon when a group kids played football in grass field under heavy rain. They 8 to 10 years old in average. They didn’t wear anything. They played the ball and they were so full with laughs. They kicked the ball so hard, but still the ball sat on the water. Sometimes they kicked so hard and fell down to the mud because the other leg stood on the slippery soil.

They were so dirty and their body full with the mud. But regardless the mud and the dirt they had, there were many excitements and joyfulness. Just by looking their faces, I knew I’ve found a little paradise there. Those kids are simple kids. They came from a poor village. They even don’t have proper cloths to wear, they also don’t have a proper shoes to wear. They played football with their bare foot.

Another scene I captured on the road; There were 5 elementary students walked to their homes from the school. Their uniforms were so old. They were not clean and bright like before. When I saw their shoes, they were also so old too and surely they were not new. They were given by their older sister or from other older relatives. But still, their faces were full with smiles and anxiousness. They have so much spirit to learn, they will learn hard no matter how ugly their shoes are; no matter how old their uniforms are. That was also a little paradise for me. A paradise which come from a simple life.

Simple life does not always mean as poverty. I realized from those two scenes, I have to stick to my simplicity, I don’t want to waste my precious time for jealousy to the other’s wealth – and keep on neglecting for what I have and what I do. I have so many paradises now, I will live and enjoy in those paradises.

3 comments:

Miss G said...

This is TOTO, Africa... drum dum drum.. the sounds of drums

I hear the drums echoing tonight
But she hears only whispers of some quiet conversation
She's coming in 12:30 flight
The moonlit wings reflect the stars that guide me towards salvation
I stopped an old man along the way
Hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies
He turned to me as if to say, "Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you"

Chorus:
It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had

The wild dogs cry out in the night
As they grow restless longing for some solitary company
I know that I must do what's right
Sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti
I seek to cure what's deep inside, frightened of this thing that I've become

Chorus

(Instrumental break)

Hurry boy, she's waiting there for you

It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa, I bless the rains down in Africa
I bless the rains down in Africa, I bless the rains down in Africa
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had

Yes, simple things are always the best thing! Just like all the best and wonderful things are free, you can't buy happiness, you don't have to buy the fresh air you breathe, and life is a precious thing which is a gift from God.

Smile, a simple gesture, yet it can bring many joy and happiness to many people.

Anonymoussaid...

Pencerahan yg bagus mas pri

Niar said...

It is a wonderful post, prihandoko...
the innocent of children sometimes become give us much more inspiration and teach us to see the life deeper

 
© free template by Blogspot tutorial